My beading is a reflection of walking in two worlds- I mix bright modern color palettes with designs inspired by traditional Lingít weavings and regalia.
My maternal grandmothers people are Lingít from Klukwan, AK. My maternal grandfathers people are Nisga’a from Gingolox, BC. My fathers people are African, affected by slavery, and ended up in Alabama.
I have a passion for healing, self care, heartfelt connections and creating safe spaces. I am almost 6 years sober from alcohol and I live with ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, Dissociative Disorder, C-PTSD and Anxiety. Beading has given me the space and freedom to wholly care for my mental/emotional/spiritual/physical wellness while also financially supporting my little family. The cycles of trauma that have run through my ancestors and family- ends with me. It’s my life’s work, and my precious children deserve nothing less ♥️
• Born & raised in ANC, AK- where I currently reside
• Proud mama of 2 boys, ages 11 & 9
• I coparent my kiddos with their dad 50/50
• My mom taught me to bead when I was 6
• I come from generations of Lingít beaders
• I’ve been a full time artist since the end of 2019/early 2020, but I didn’t become a full time beader until 2021 (I was finding my way)
• My sun, moon and rising signs are all in Cancer ♋️ …. I was also born 3 weeks late so I was MEANT to be this sign (due 5/28, bday is 6/22- first full day of ♋️ season)
• All of my mental health diagnosis were established after the age of 35, it’s been a wild 6 years